Check our Latest products!
While the top ten DVD rentals change all the time, this list should get you through the next few weeks. There’s a little something for everyone, from weird Westerns to Adam Sandler clowning around with his pals.
10. Jonah Hex – From the pages of DC Comics comes this revenge tale about a disfigured Old West bounty hunter (Josh Brolin) in search of the madman (John Malkovich, naturally) who killed his family. Megan Fox co-stars as a woman of ill repute who’s pretty handy with a pistol.
9. The Karate Kid – A remake of the Ralph Macchio classic, this version is set in China and stars Jaden Smith as a bullied youth who receives instruction in the martial arts from a maintenance man (Jackie Chan).
8. How to Train Your Dragon – In this animated hit, Jay Baruchel provides the voice for Hiccup, a young Viking who befriends a dragon and helps his tribe learn an important lesson. Also featuring the voice talents of Gerard Butler.
7. Sex and the City 2 – This time around, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, and Cynthia Nixon head to Abu Dhabi for some fun. Featuring appearances by Penelope Cruz, Miley Cyrus, and Liza Minnelli.
6. Scott Pilgrim vs. the World – Michael Cera and Mary Elizabeth Winstead star in this comic book adaptation about a slacker who falls for a girl and quickly draws the ire of her seven evil exes. Directed by Edgar Wright and filled with video game references and lots of stunning visuals.
5. Predators – Adrien Brody heads up the cast in this sci-fi film about human soldiers and mercenaries who are abducted from Earth and set loose on an alien game preserve. Plenty of action, and one of the group isn’t who they appear to be. Co-starring Laurence Fishburne, Topher Grace, and Walton Goggins, the film is meant as a direct sequel to Predator 2.
4. Ramona and Beezus – Selena Gomez and Joey King star in this tale of a precocious third-grader and her older sister. Based on the book by Beverly Cleary.
3. Charlie St. Cloud – Zac Efron stars as a young man who meets the ghost of his brother every day to play catch. But when he falls for a female sailor, their budding romance forces him to choose between the living and the dead.
2. Toy Story 3 – With their owner all grown up and moving to college, our favorite talking toys (including Woody and Buzz Lightyear) find themselves at a daycare run by a tyrannical teddy bear. The first animated film to make over $1 billion, this Pixar blockbuster stars the voice of Tim Allen and Tom Hanks.
1. Grown Ups – Adam Sandler leads an all-star comedic cast including Kevin James, Chris Rock, David Spade, and Rob Schneider. When the coach who led them to a championship back in their junior high days passes away, the childhood pals reunite at the funeral and make up for lost time with a series of hilarious pranks and situations. While it’s far from Shakespeare, the film is worth a few laughs if you turn your brain on autopilot.
write by Donna