Check our Latest products!
Here are a few interesting and enjoyable facts about dogs. For sure, you’ll find many things which you may not be aware of about man’s best friend.
- It’s not true that dogs are color-blind. They can see color, although not as vivid compared to humans.
- The only sweat glands of dogs are between the pads of their paws.
- Just like human babies, Chihuahuas also have soft spots in their skulls when they’re born which also closes with age.
- Basenji, a wolf-dog originating from Africa, is the only known breed of dog which cannot bark.
- A breed of dog called Lundehune can close its ears and has 6 toes.
- A whooping $15,000 was spent by Franklin Roosevelt to have his Scottie picked up by a destroyer in the Aleutian Islands.
- In Roman times, light armor is also worn by mastiffs and they’re sent to follow mounted knights.
- A dog aged 1 year old is as physically mature as a 15-year old human.
- The world’s highest dog population is in the U.S.
- France followed.
- An average city-dog has longer life-span compared to a country dog by about 3 years.
- The name of the Taco Bell dog is Gidget.
- Newfoundlands are amazing swimmers because of the fact that their feet are webbed.
- Basset hounds don’t know how to swim.
- The fastest dogs are the greyhounds. They can run up to 45 miles/hour.
- Dogs are mentioned in the bible 14 times.
- There are 3 dogs which survived the Titanic’s sinking – a Pekingese, a Pomeranian and a Newfoundland.
- The number one favorite breed in the U.K., Canada and the U.S. is the Labrador Retriever.
- In the U.S., approximately 1 million dogs have been named as in their owner’s will as the primary beneficiaries.
- Nose prints of dogs are as uniquely similar as the fingerprint of humans and can be used to identify them accurately.
- The smartest dogs in the world are though to be the golden retriever, the poodle and the border collie.
- The Afghan hound is believed to be the dumbest.
- Smaller dog breeds mature faster compared to larger breeds.
- The first Hollywood dog star is Rin Tin Tin.
- …he actually signed 22 of his movie contracts with a pawprint!
- Dogs do not have a sense of “time”.
- Compared to humans, a dog’s smell is 100,000 times stronger, probably more.
write by Anwar Mumumed