Check our Latest products!
As I write this the movie the expendables is about to hit our cinemas. This is the ultimate action movie with an amazing cast of action heroes past and current all making an appearance. As you can imagine all the stars have got in tremendous shape for the film and I’m sure all of them are going to be an inspiration for men and women of all ages to hit the gym even harder or actually start doing some exercise. I know I will be.
If you have seen the movie and want to get in the kind of shape as some of the stars then the following routines will do the trick. What is important here is the intensity of each workout with a lot interval training mixed up with heavy resistance training done in circuit type fashion. This type of workout routines not only to build muscle but torch body fat as well.
Monday – short circuit
1) 10-minute on the rowing machines
2) 40kg rope pull (rope attached to a weighted sled) followed by a 20m bear crawl – Complete as many rounds of this as you can in 10 minutes. If you don’t have a proper rope do 20 weighted bent over pulls using a tricep rope changing hand position after 10 reps and then 10 Burpees
3) Back to the rower for another 10-minutes
Tuesday – Pushing Supersets
1) Five-minutes on the rower to warm up
2) Three pull-ups, five press-ups, seven squats. Do this for 5 minutes and complete as many sets as possible.
3) Snatch grip dead lift – 4 Sets of 5 Reps. Increase weight by 5kg each set
4) Triset 1- incline DB press, standing military press, Tricep skullcrushers – 4 Rounds of these with 90 seconds rest between each set.
5) Triset 2 – Narrow grip press-ups, lateral raise, triceps extensions – Again 4 sets of 10 with a 90 second rest break between sets.
6) Abdominal rollouts – 5×10.
Wednesday – rest
Thursday – Pulling Supersets
1) Warm up – Rower 5 minutes
2) 3 pull-ups, 5 press-ups, 7 bodyweight squats. Same as before, do as many rounds as you can in 5 minutes.
3) Bulgarian split squats with dumbbells – 3 sets of five each leg – increase weight 5kg each set.
4) Superset one 10m rope climb (no feet), 10 barbell shrugs and 10 ex-bar curls -4 sets of 10 reps with 90 second rest breaks between set. If you don’t have a rope handy then I would inverted body rows with a straight body and underhand grip.
5) Superset 10 pull-ups, 10 incline front raises and 10 hammer curls (4 x 10 reps with 90sec rest periods.
6) Hanging knee raises (five sets of 10).
Friday – intervals
Warm up with two 50m sprints
Cardio complex – Suicide run (run 10m then run back, 20m then run back, 30m then run back, 40m then run back, 50m then run back). Do 5 Rounds of this. The rest period should be half the time it takes to complete each round
80 metre kettlebell farmer’s walk, followed by a 80m one-arm kettlebell overhead carry (switch arms at 40m), 80m tire drag (SUV or small truck).
If you are working out in the gym and don’t have the equipment mentioned here try these workouts.
Get on treadmill and warm up for 5 minutes jogging then 6 intervals of 300metres as fast as possible then walk for half the time this takes then repeat for 5 rounds. Cool down with light jog for 5 mins
40 Walking lunges with dumbbells (20 each leg) – Use the heaviest weight possible.
30 Squats with one arm holding a Dumbbell at shoulder height. Switch Arms at 15 reps. Go as heavy as possible. Finish off with 60 squat thrusts
Saturday – rest
Sunday – rest
So there you have it not easy. However it is these type of workout routines to build muscle and lose fat that give can give you a body like a top movie star. These are not for everybody and you need a huge amount of focus and motivation to go to the gym and work at this sort of intensity. I would use these type of workouts when you need to get in peak condition for an event, holiday or something similar. Having a definite goal and deadline is probably the best way to ensure you are motivated enough to do the work and hit your target.
write by DAVID CABRAL